Friday, June 16, 2006

Father's Day Coming

Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council has these words to say on Fathers and Father's Day:

Fathers are not optional accessories for children - they are an essential part to raising the next generation. I am so grateful that I had a father who remains involved in my life to this very day. He is a blessing. Unfortunately, not every child has a father present in his or her life who loves them and cares for them. Some have fathers that are present, but not involved. Others are simply not there. Those mothers raising their kids alone deserve our gratitude and our help. Raising kids is a difficult proposition. This Father's Day Weekend I want to challenge all of us as fathers to recommit ourselves to our children - they need us. And moms and children - let your dads know that you love them. It's ok to tell the big guy you love him! By-the-way, there are many resolutions that come out of Congress, many of them borderline meaningless. But the House passed a good one this week to commemorate Father's Day. I encourage you to take a look at it. It was so good that it passed overwhelmingly (407 yeas, 8 present, 17 not voting). I cannot resist pointing out that the eight members who voted only "present", neither "for" nor "against," were all liberals.

1 comment:

JNH said...

After an unsuccessful attempt at locating a copy of the resolution, I decided to do the lazy thing. If anyone is pleased to do so, I would be grateful for a link to the resolution, thanks!